Grooveshark lets you access music at any time, any place. It’s one of the most expansive, customizable, and feature-rich online jukeboxes on the Web, and it’s completely free to use.
- Type a song in the box and hit enter.
- Hit the tiny “+” next to your song choice and it gets added to your playlist.
- Hit play!
You can “follow” other users and see what they are listening to. This creates a sense of community and keeps you informed of new music. Follow me on grooveshark!
Grooveshark runs out of Gainesville, Florida. Founded in 2006 by Sam Tarantino, CEO, Josh Greenberg, CTO + VP of Products, and Andres Barreto, Grooveshark works on a freemium business model. Click here to find out their user stats.
Like many online music streaming sites, it has issues with copyright. If Grooveshark doesn’t last, I still see the trend of online streaming continuing. However, I hope that their new partnership with EMI means they are here to stay.
Why Grooveshark is useful for PR:
- to watch user trends in music
- establish a community of go-to users on the watch for new music
- track user choices and track your artist if you sign up through the Grooveshark Artists section
Check out Hayley’s blog to find out more!